GDB tables exposed after a upgrade from 9.3.1 to 10sp3 for SQL2008

12-07-2011 04:11 PM
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III
We just made a upgrade from our 9.3.1 software to 10sp3 on our SQL2008 Dev/Test server and are having some questions.

Some DBs are showing the following tables 'are GDB_ITEMRELATIONSHIPS, GDB_ITEMRELATIONSHIPTYPES, GDB_ITEMS and GDB_ITEMTYPES' to our standard user, when other DB's with the same permissions and schema/user ownerships are set.

Is this normal? Most of my DBs are not exhibiting this; so I am suspecting there is a problem. I am concerned that these are now visible and might cause issues with the internal ArcSDE working.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
We're not able to reproduce this issue; can you contact Technical Support so they can work with to isolate a reproducible case for this?

thanks
0 Kudos
BrentShafranek
New Contributor
dewright_ca - Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I just upgraded my SDE database and a file geodatabase and have ran into the same thing.
0 Kudos
JohnMorley
New Contributor II
I upgraded a File Geodatabase from 9.3.1 to 10 and ran into the same issue this morning.  Compacting the FGDB appears to have resolved the issue.
0 Kudos
MatthewStull
New Contributor III
We had the same problem when we upgraded a FGDB from 9.3 to 10.0 (SP4).  We ran the Compact Geodatabase tool and then we closed and reopened ArcCatalog and that fixed the problem for us.

Matt Stull
0 Kudos
RayWeiser
New Contributor
I had same issue.  By the way, do not delete these files.  In hindsight that is a no-brainer, but as I was not familiar with the new table structure, I didn't immediately realize this.  After deleting these files, ArcCatalog crashed hard when I tried to view the gdb.  Luckily I have back ups, but it put a nasty lock on some of the the gdb tables that not even specialty apps like Unlocker or Eraser could remove.
0 Kudos