Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract data using shapefile for multiple years

11-23-2023 06:56 AM
Labels (1)
JonTinsley
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a .nc file which contains monthly data for southern Africa over 30 years (aka 360 timesteps). I want to mask/extract the data using 13 different shapefiles (of agroecological zones in southern Africa), so that each of the 13 resultant portions of the original data also contains 360 timesteps, just as the original .nc datafile does. 

I have tried to use the extract by mask tool, but the result of using it renders a raster layer with only one timestep. How can I cut the multidimensional raster so for each agroecological zone it remains multidimensional, i.e. has 360 timesteps? 

Best regards

Jon

P.S. I am relatively novice so apologies if there is an easy way of doing this. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

have you tried

Clip Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Supported input multidimensional dataset types include multidimensional raster layer, mosaic dataset, image service, and CRF.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JonTinsley
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have indeed tried this, but it didn't work. When I put the date range in, the resultant data was not multidimensional across the time period I input into the multidimensional aspect of the tool.

BW,

Jon

0 Kudos