Excel/CSV_Timefield format to shp

Jump to solution
02-28-2016 05:02 AM
JohnRumambi
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have problems with converting CSV file to arcgis table. I have field name "TS1" and "TS2" both of  fields represents time in hours: minutes: seconds (format).

I would like  to convert this file Arcgis table en finaly  ended up as arcgis table. En after that i can read it as point shape file.

I think there was a problem with the format of these two fields that I ended up in the converted fields as 00:00:00. How these two fields after converting the same value as give the csv file.

That i finally can calculate the time differences and comes out on the field "TS3"

Please see the attachment i sent,  the CSV file.  Hopefully that somebody can help me to solve this problem.

Best regards,

John Rumambi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

shapefiles have to have the dates separated in to two component fields (date and time).  If you want them in one field, then use a featureclass or table in a file geodatabase.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

shapefiles have to have the dates separated in to two component fields (date and time).  If you want them in one field, then use a featureclass or table in a file geodatabase.