Error: ???line string or poly boundary is self-intersecting??? error,

04-23-2014 02:23 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Error: �??line string or poly boundary is self-intersecting�?� error,

Copying the features of the attached layer to a file geodatabase layer works fine. If these features are copied to an enterprise geodatabase layer an error is generated �??line string or poly boundary is self-intersecting�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33267[/ATTACH]

Why the enterprise geodatabase layer doesn�??t accept self-intersecting features while the file geodatabase layer does?

What might be the issue here?

How to let the enterprise geodatabase layer accept self-intersecting features without applying "repair geometry"?

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Just keep in mind there is still a chance the self intersections are a result of the data processing workflow to get the data in the geodatabase, and not an issue in the CAD files. I would also recommend having a close look at these features in ArcGIS (e.g. by storing them in a File Geodatabase, and starting an edit session). If you know what features are being rejected, having a detailed look at the features might tell a lot (this is what I also did in the project I wrote about above).

I am also wondering if the Integrate (Data Management) tool could be of some help?...

Many thanks Macro for the massive help. �??Integrate�?� appears to work as a charm.

Also, the magic of this tool is no polygons are deleted and thus no gaps are introduced. Therefore, if the polygons are dissolved no donuts\holes\gaps are generated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33324[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]33325[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]33326[/ATTACH]

I�??ll put it into operation and see if further issues can still be there.

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos