Editing Scale Bar - Is it possible to add Feet marks to numbers associated with bar?

02-01-2012 01:52 PM
TraceyScott
New Contributor
I'd like to have Feet marks on the numbers that are associated with the divisions on the scale bar.
Is this possible? How do I add them?

Thanks,
Tracey
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
KeithMoyers
New Contributor
I would also like to be able to do this.
0 Kudos
LeonardLuz3
Occasional Contributor
I'd like to have Feet marks on the numbers that are associated with the divisions on the scale bar.
Is this possible? How do I add them?

Thanks,
Tracey

Hi guys! Can you please tell me more or attached an image of what you wanted to do with the scale bar. I'm not really sure if what I have in mind is the solution to your problem. 🙂 Thanks!
0 Kudos
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
Sounds like they want the unit to be applied to each number displayed on the scale bar instead of only at the end.  For example instead of just 50 75 100 Feet, it would be 50 Feet 75 Feet 100 Feet.  Is that right guys?
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
A scale bar is a compilation (group) of graphic elements.  If you select the scale bar and then select ungroup in the drawing menu,  you can hack and whack on it till the cows come home.  When you're done, select all the elements and group them back together.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
A scale bar is a compilation (group) of graphic elements.  If you select the scale bar and then select ungroup in the drawing menu,  you can hack and whack on it till the cows come home.  When you're done, select all the elements and group them back together.

This is good to know.  After some experimenting it only seems to work on scale bars that have been converted to graphics, and therefore are no longer dynamic.  Depending on the task this may or may not be a problem.
0 Kudos
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
Perhaps this thread, more specifically Buckley's suggestions, may provide some ideas:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/2622-how-can-i-add-a-custom-scale-bar-or-modify-an-existing-one...
0 Kudos