Do need the INSPIRE extension for ArcGIS in order to create INSPIRE metadata?

09-20-2013 07:10 AM
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III
Hi there

Do you need the INSPIRE extension for ArcGIS in order to create INSPIRE compliant metadata in ArGIS? At this stage I am not interested in the publishing capabilities of the extension.

Kind regards

Tim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimLangner
The answer appears to be yes because their is an INSPIRE template in ArcCatalog. However ArcGIS Inspire Extension page seems to suggest otherwise.
0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor
We don't have the ArcGIS for INSPIRE extension but we do have the UK Productivity Suite extension which allows us to create GEMINI standard metadata.

I'm hoping we can also publish INSPIRE standard WMS and WFS services without having to buy the INSPIRE extension as we already have the capability in ArcGIS Server to publish WFS 1.0... we just need the 2.0 standard to be adopted in the core product.
0 Kudos
TimLangner
We don't have the ArcGIS for INSPIRE extension but we do have the UK Productivity Suite extension which allows us to create GEMINI standard metadata.

I'm hoping we can also publish INSPIRE standard WMS and WFS services without having to buy the INSPIRE extension as we already have the capability in ArcGIS Server to publish WFS 1.0... we just need the 2.0 standard to be adopted in the core product.

Someone from ESRI UK has also confirmed to a colleague that you can use Productivity Suite extension. It's not widely promoted as far as I can tell but I guess ESRI want users to spend more money without thinking, aka the INSPIRE extension.

Thankfully I actually do stop and look into these things, rather than just throwing money at something straight away.
0 Kudos