csv properties not refreshing

Jump to solution
02-08-2016 10:09 AM
johnpolo
New Contributor III

My csv has the following columns when I open it in a spreadsheet program: address, lat, lon, latold, lonold, sold, city, postal.code, add1, add2, internal.listing.id, X, Y.

When I add the csv to ArcMap and open the table, I have: address, lat, lon, latold, lonold, add2, sold, city, postal.code, postal.code, internal.listing.id, new.lattitude, new.longitude, geo.lat, geo.lon, internal.listing.id.

The list of column names in the table that opens in ArcMap is how the csv was arranged when I first loaded the csv into ArcMap. I have edited the csv a couple of times to reflect what's in my first sentence here. The column names that are showing in current table in ArcMap are wrong and they don't even match the data. For example, the data in the second "postal.code" column in the table actually appears as add1 data in my csv.

I've removed the csv from ArcMap several times and added it again. I copied the sheet to a different directory and deleted it via ArcCatalog and then added a new copy and the ArcMap table still isn't correctly displaying the table as it's currently configured in the spreadsheet. The csv's name has remained constant, but I don't see why that should be causing trouble. What is going on?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS seems to keep some metadata in memory. If you rename the file, it should recognize the current data format.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS seems to keep some metadata in memory. If you rename the file, it should recognize the current data format.

johnpolo
New Contributor III

Thank you, Xander.

0 Kudos