Create form in ArcMap or Sql... Old access form

Jump to solution
04-26-2016 12:57 PM
BenDrury
Occasional Contributor

Report wizard or Sql forms? We have an old database in access that we transfered into out sde database, but my boss likes the old forms we created in access to create a book for him to have to look at. The data is billboard data. We have about 126 total in the city. I am looking to recreate this form from access into a different workflow. Create report in ArcMap or is it possible to create a form in slq directly from this data-set?

It is a pain to go from GIS back to access to have all the data updated, want to reduce the redundancy

If this can be done in ArcMap can you point me in the right direction for getting started.

Example of what we currently have built from access

http://www.cookeville-tn.gov/uploads/planning/MiscFiles/BB067-Revised043013.pdf

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Just so you understand. I'm pulling all my data from server and creating my report with ArcMap that has all the data and a picture

View solution in original post

6 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

I've done some reports similar to this with Creating Data Driven Pages—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop and Using dynamic text with Data Driven Pages—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop . You'll have to do the map and the report separately

BenDrury
Occasional Contributor

Yes I know they will have to be done separately but as long as they are pulling from the sde database that is fine. The problem is having to update 2 data sources all the time to get these reports, when we done us the access database for anything other than the report. Thanks for the advice

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Just so you understand. I'm pulling all my data from server and creating my report with ArcMap that has all the data and a picture

BenDrury
Occasional Contributor

How did you get the photo to pull in from the attachment?

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
BenDrury
Occasional Contributor

Yes this is exactly what I am looking for! I will take a shot at it and see if I can get it configured

0 Kudos