Select to view content in your preferred language

codevaluedomain stored in the DBMS but didn't appear in the attribute table in arcmap

08-02-2011 12:21 AM
ben_abdallahmhd
New Contributor III
good morning

i have this problem:
i have designed a table that contain CodedValueDomain with UML and and I implement it in sqlserver
when i would work with this table in arcmap the list o value in the CodeValueDomain not appear.

Some idea please

thank you
0 Kudos
13 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
A few questions:
- What release of ArcGIS are you using?
- Do the Coded Value Domains appear when you look at the domain in ArcCatalog?
0 Kudos
ben_abdallahmhd
New Contributor III
good morning
thankyou cgillgrass
i use arcgis10
yes the the Coded Value Domains appear when you look at the domain in ArcCatalog
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you confirm that the domain is associated with correct field by checking the Field tab on the Feature Class or Table property page?  Can you also confirm that the field type and domain's field type
match?
0 Kudos
ben_abdallahmhd
New Contributor III
Good morning cgillgrass

No the domain is not associated with the field. the field type is long and the domain field type is entier long

When i verify the list of coded value domain in the database with the tool 'Domain Sort' the domain appear.
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
No the domain is not associated with the field. the field type is long and the domain field type is entier long

When i verify the list of coded value domain in the database with the tool 'Domain Sort' the domain appear.

In order for the domain to appear in ArcMap, it needs to be associated with the field. Can you try manually associating the domain with the field in ArcCatalog and test if that allows you to see the domain dropdown in ArcMap?
0 Kudos
ben_abdallahmhd
New Contributor III
re good morning
i tried manually associating the domain with the field in ArcCatalog but in the dropdown list of doamin didn't work it's locked so i can't associate the field with the domain.

note i have implemented the geodatabase in the DBMS (sqlqerver) with CASETOOl
Thank you
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
re good morning
i tried manually associating the domain with the field in ArcCatalog but in the dropdown list of doamin didn't work it's locked so i can't associate the field with the domain.

note i have implemented the geodatabase in the DBMS (sqlqerver) with CASETOOl
Thank you

Can you clarify what is locked?  Is it the feature class?
0 Kudos
ben_abdallahmhd
New Contributor III
good morning cgillgrass

"" i tried manually associating the domain with the field in ArcCatalog but in the dropdown list of doamin didn't work it's locked"" :

I mean that in the tab field the list of domain didn't appear

is it clear 🙂

thank you
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm afraid at this point I can't suggest anything else without looking at your database.  Please contact Technical Support so they can help you investigate this issue.
0 Kudos