Calculator of polygon directions

07-11-2019 07:11 PM
MRC
by
New Contributor III

Hello everyone, 

i have a problem, pls help me solve...

i have two shaple files : 1. line - the streets

2. polygon- the polygon of the parcel of land

then i want to calculator of the dicrections of the polygon following the street line, the result i expert is list of the table show : N- if the direction of the polygon is north, W -if the direction of polygon is west , NW - north - west , S is it south and ....

i have attached two file shp for you references ... pls help me 

Sorry for my bad english,

thank you...

if you aren't understand my problem just tell me explain more....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I agree with Dan, you need to show some examples.  When I ran the tool on your sample data set, the results looked quite good.

MRC
by
New Contributor III

Could you guide me on your calculation?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

@MR C  I am more interested to see where things went 'wrong', not running an analysis and searching for them myself, when you know where they are.

0 Kudos
MRC
by
New Contributor III

Sorry i still don't understand what you mean.

I know where is wrong but I dont' know how to fix it

0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

Dan wants you to show examples (pictures) of results you got using any method you choose where you think the results are wrong.  We won't make the judgement of what is right or wrong using any method, since our level of tolerance for error and yours could be very different and also as the complexity of this problem increases there could be multiple solutions that are technically right that you might reject as wrong.  Also, showing examples may lead to methods designed specifically for those special situations, if there are enough of them to make it worth the effort.