ArcGIS Server Cache Update Problems in Oracle RAC Environment

09-03-2015 07:00 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

My organization is moving from SDE data stored in an Oracle 11g RDMS to an Oracle 12c RAC (Real Application Clusters) RDBMS using TAF (Transparent Application Failover).  I have built a cache against the 11g Oracle SDE data which has worked for years.  I have now switched the data to an Oracle 12c database and I am getting the following types of errors when trying to build a new cached mapservice:

Data access failure, layer = Parcels, error string = Underlying DBMS error[ORA-25401: can not continue fetches

]

Failed to cache extent: 2420000.000977 137250.094482 2648922.311279 355805.450439 at scale 32000

Data access failure, layer = Parcels, error string = Underlying DBMS error[ORA-25401: can not continue fetches

]

I have already looked at the below article and our environment is in compliance with the Best Practices:

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/42292

Has anyone had any similar type AGS caching issues when using Oracle 12c RAC data with TAF?

I have many dynamic mapservices using the same Oracle 12c RAC database working for months now without any issues.

Any help or hints regarding this issue are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone from ESRI have any feedback on this thread?

Do any GIS users out there have this type of Oracle environment coupled with AGS where you are caching data coming from an Oracle RAC environment?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I was also wondering if anyone has an Oracle RAC/TAF environment where you have long running geoprocesses.

Do you have any special configuration settings so the failover from one node to another does not occur, as this causes the connection to the database in the geoprocess to be lost?

0 Kudos