Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.1 vs. ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 vs. PostgreSQL 14

07-13-2023 08:03 AM
Labels (2)
RiccardoKlinger
Occasional Contributor

Hi folks,

my organization is in a need to upgrade our PostgreSQL database to a newer version. Currently we are running on Postgres 12 with ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1. and installed sde inside the postgre.

Will ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 also be able to use a postgresql 14 with sde enabled coming from an ArcGIS Pro 3.1 installation?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarlonAmaya
Esri Contributor

Hi @RiccardoKlinger 

ArcGIS Enterprise  10.9.1 does not have PostgreSQL 14.x as a supported release.

The supportability of PostgreSQL 14.5 begins with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 and Pro 3.1

Thank you

Marlon

MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

PostgreSQL 14 is not certified / supported with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.

Windows: ArcGIS 10.9.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.9 requirements for PostgreSQL—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentat...

Linux: ArcGIS 10.9.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.9 requirements for PostgreSQL—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentatio...

You need to move to ArcGIS Pro 3.1 & ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 if you want to go with PostgreSQL 14.

Windows: ArcGIS 11.1 and ArcGIS Pro 3.1 requirements for PostgreSQL—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentatio...

Linux: ArcGIS 11.1 and ArcGIS Pro 3.1 requirements for PostgreSQL—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation ...

Important! you need to upgrade the Enterprise Geodatabase Repository with ArcGIS Pro 3.1.

ArcGIS Pro - Upgrade a geodatabase in PostgreSQL

For more information see my white papers in the community.esri.com

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov