ArcGIS 10.3: how to create Geopackage with raster tiles

01-14-2015 01:47 PM
KIMIWATANABE
New Contributor

Hello, everyone! 

ArcGIS now supports the 1.0 OGC GeoPackage format.  I am wondering how I can create geopackage files with raster tiles. Could you direct me to some documentation for it, please?

Thank you for your help in advance & happy mapping!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
juliaharrell2
New Contributor II

Lance - is there any estimate for when this compliance issue is expected to be resolved about not requiring tile/zoom levels to start at 0 ?

0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor

We are currently working on this. I may be able to provide an estimate next week.

Lance

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Lance Shipman‌, I noticed in My Esri that the following bug was closed this past January as "Not in Current Product Plan."

#BUG-000090526    If a geopackage is input with zoom levels not beginning with 0, arcpy.MakeRasterLayer returns the following error, "Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid. ERROR 000865: Input raster: does not exist."

Even with the latest Desktop releases, I cannot get the OGC GeoPackage Whitehorse download to load properly.  In ArcMap 10.5, I get:

ERROR 000860: Input raster: is not the type of Composite Geodataset, or does not exist. Failed to execute (MakeRasterLayer).

In ArcGIS Pro 1.4, I get:

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.  Failed to execute (MakeRasterLayer).

I find the different error message interesting/odd.

Seeing the bug was closed and the issue still persists, did Esri just decide not to work on it?

UPDATE:  See response below to Lance S. for update.

LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor

There have been a lot of changes in the geopackage support since BUG-000090526. The raster2gpkg tool for 10.4 and 10.4.1 was updated in October 2016 base on the changes included in the 10.5 release. 

Are you talking about the image located at:

https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/63156 

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I was/am talking about the GeoPackage referenced at the link you provided.

Regarding the new errors, ERROR 000860 & ERROR 999999, my bad.  I went back and tested it again, and it works.  I used the wrong syntax when I first re-tested it.  Using the correct syntax, it works in ArcMap 10.5 and ArcGIS Pro 1.4.  I struck through most of my previous comment but didn't delete entire comment because bug status still an issue.

Seeing that it works, and whatever issue was resolved, I guess this is really a My Esri and Esri Support problem since the issue that caused the bug to be logged has been fixed but yet the system says it isn't and won't be fixed.  I will inquire with Esri Support regarding the conflicting information in My Esri.

0 Kudos