10.2 Support for PostgreSQL 9.3 ?

Jump to solution
11-19-2013 10:36 AM
DarylHerzmann
New Contributor
Hello,

I've been a long time postgresql user and recently got motivated again to attempt setup of ArcGIS Server against my database.  Of course, I am probably running an unsupported version (9.3). Is there an updated st_geometry.so somewhere that works with it?  While attempting to enable the enterprise database I get:

< 2013-11-19 13:51:54.648 CST >ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/pgsql-9.3/lib/st_geometry.so": version mismatch
< 2013-11-19 13:51:54.648 CST >DETAIL:  Server is version 9.3, library is version 9.2.

Or perhaps I need to wait until 10.3 is released or perhaps I don't need st_geometry.so and can just use my already installed postgis 2.1 ?

Thanks for the pointers...

daryl
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
There is not currently a 9.3 version of the ST_Geometry file available.

To create a geodatabase, you'll need to switch to a supported PostgreSQL version and use the appropriate ST_Geometry library. One of the geodatabase system tables contains an ST_Geometry column, so the file is required for geodatabase creation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
There is not currently a 9.3 version of the ST_Geometry file available.

To create a geodatabase, you'll need to switch to a supported PostgreSQL version and use the appropriate ST_Geometry library. One of the geodatabase system tables contains an ST_Geometry column, so the file is required for geodatabase creation.
0 Kudos
DavidJames
New Contributor III
Peter, is there a timeframe for when ArcGIS Server will be upgraded to use PostgreSQL 9.3?
0 Kudos
deleted-user-8nzPkynNhI91
New Contributor II

I just recieved a response from Esri Australia who stated:

"Unfortunately 9.3 is not supported with the current release at 10.2. However, I have been able to check on MyEsri with the ArcGIS 10.3 prerelease products, and PostgreSQL 9.3.5 is currently supported with the 10.3. prerelease. Reference: https://my.esri.com/#/downloads/ArcGIS%20for%20Server%20Enterprise%20(Windows)%20(Prerelease/10.3

ArcGIS 10.3 Prerelease is available for download to all customers current in maintenance."

0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

I do not see any changes to the 10.2 System Requirements page as of yet, but for 10.3 prerelease the following link can be referenced as a guideline:

Note:

Use these system requirements as a guideline for planning purposes as they are subject to change before the final release of ArcGIS 10.3.

Minimum supported database versions

PostgreSQL 9.1.13 (64-bit)

PostgreSQL 9.2.8 (64-bit)

PostgreSQL 9.3.4 (64-bit)

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/administering/system-requirements/database-requirements-postgresql.htm

0 Kudos