10.0: Where to find ArcSDE C-API?

07-01-2011 03:37 AM
JensMühlberg
New Contributor
We are about to move our software to ArcGIS 10.0.

Now I have to install the ArcSDE C-API on my development machine. I am sadly failing at the very first step: Finding the C-API installation media. In 9.3 this located on the AecSDE installation DVD.

In 10.0 I cant find it either on the ArcSDE DVD nor in the ArcGIS Engine Developer Kit.

It don't want to use ArcObjects, I must use de C-API directly.

Thanks a lot in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
The ArcSDE 'C' & Java SDKs are in a separate media bundle that you need to request through
Customer Service (not downloadable).

- V
0 Kudos
AlexanderOrtiz
New Contributor

Vince, I know this post has been dead for 11 years, but I have a project I need these libraries for. I keep getting the runaround from customer service regarding the media bundles even if they offer the entire enterprise ISO files. Any ideas on how to move forward?

Best,

Alex

0 Kudos
JensMühlberg
New Contributor
Thanks Vince fpr the Quick reply!

I fogot to mention that we have an EDN subscription.

Do i have to call the Support in Germany (where we are located) or in the US?

Do our clients also have to contact their Custumer Support for the install-media?

Jens.
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
You should contact your distributor.

ArcSDE SDK install is not required for users of applications developed with the SDK.
All they need is *some* ArcSDE client application (like Desktop, or Server, or IMS,
or ArcSDE, or ArcExplorer,...) for the sde/sg/pe DLLs to get resolved.  I try to make
sure that ArcSDE is installed (sans post-install), because my tools are meant to work
as a complement to sdetable, sdelayer,...

- V
0 Kudos