Select to view content in your preferred language

“Let Science Speak” Advocacy Film Series

10-23-2018 10:11 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 0 366

"Let Science Speak" is a new series of short films and podcasts about science advocacy. This campaign was created and led by an experienced team of filmmakers and producers who, in their own words, are fighting the "escalating efforts to suppress environmental science and silence scientists". "Our mission is to inform, engage, and unite America in the face of science censorship.” (Photo Above, Dr. John Foley, of the Calif Academy of Sciences, talks about the importance of sharing science stories)

Over on my new Maps for Advocacy page, I've created a carousel of these 6 wonderful films, with a bit of commentary on each one.  What is especially memorable to me is how each of these short films illustrates with power the fundamental concepts of successful advocacy communication, from story cycles of tragedy and reconciliation to accounts of childhood inspiration, struggle, connection and love.  Not surprisingly, Esri's own chief scientist Dr. Dawn Wright was included as one of the 6 featured scientists (pictured below as she talked about her first passion for the ocean while growing up in Hawaii)