Select to view content in your preferred language

Esri Community Update: Keyword Replacement ‘xyz’

06-28-2024 12:16 PM
Labels (1)
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager
4 3 446

Beginning in June 2024, the Esri Community team has introduced a keyword filter that swaps instances where the letter “x” consecutively appears in the title or body of a post with the replacement phrase: ‘xyz’. Select historical posts have been retroactively updated to also reflect the change.

This new step manages which search engine results Esri Community URLs may appear in, minimizing their potential proximity to unrelated content which does not align with Esri Community or its objectives.

Because consecutive x’s may be used in different ways — to anonymize information, as filler text, in code, etc. — the Esri Community team exercises judgement in determining when and how manual applications of this update are performed. Our goal is always to preserve the intent and usefulness of our members’ posts so that any such edits are made with careful consideration to their potential impact on users.

If you find that your own post has been edited this way and you have questions or concerns, please feel encouraged to let us know in a comment or reach out to our team at esricommunity@esri.com. 

3 Comments
About the Author
I'm a Community Manager focused on Engagement & Content here at Esri. My guiding ethos is that community — people coming together around shared purpose, demonstrating collective support, and collaborating in mutually beneficial ways — is the most powerful source for progress in the world. I'm at your service as we make great things happen through GIS.