Select to view content in your preferred language

Working with Story Map Journal (and Shortlist) on different screen sizes

Jump to solution
05-23-2018 11:21 AM
BethanyBalisky
New Contributor II

When I create a Story Map Journal based on a certain screen/monitor size, I size the text, custom sizing of web page content, etc. according to how it looks best on that monitor. When I pull up the same story map on another computer with different size, the text, content and etc. do not scale automatically but instead are disproportionate. What's the best way, if any, to work around this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

That's a great Story Map. I also really like your formatting. I was trying to figure out where you added the HTML formatting. Did you add it in each location or do you have it incorporated into the index.html css? It looks like you have it more systematically set up than editing each text box.

RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

You just type your tags into the Map Tour caption in the Builder for each place: Frequently Asked Questions | Story Maps 

If you are building your tour from a CSV file you can also include the tags in the Excel spreadsheet you create. In this example I use CONCATENATE formulas in Excel to automatically assemble the HTML formatting for the DESCRIPTION field from other columns in the spreadsheet but I could have also just copied and pasted the HTML formatting. Using the formula is nice in case you change your mind about the formatting you added so you can change it by just changing one formula. You can also do this in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro if you are preparing GIS data for use in Tour or Shortlist using field calc.

Rupert

kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Great that helps to see your methods!! Thank-you

0 Kudos