Select to view content in your preferred language

Urgent: "An error has occurred. Unable to Create map" after completing the Story Map.

Jump to solution
04-27-2014 09:09 AM
AnupamaR_C
New Contributor
Hello,

I just created a Story Map. Edited it again a few times, updated the metadata, changed the thumbnail. After this when I tried to open the story map, I got the following Error "An Error has Occurred. Unable to Create Map"

The Map Tour Layer in the Webmap has 0 features, however the Feature Service has the entire text and URLs.
How do I retrieve the StoryMap?

Regards,
Anupama
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum
Hi

Sorry about the issue. Those edits you made shouldn't be causing that issue you mentioned. Make sure the entry in ArcGIS Online for your web map and your web mapping application are both shared publicly.

If you are not able to get your map tour working, you should be able to add your feature service into a completely new web map and from with the map open in the ArcGIS Online map viewer user interface, first save the map and then share it share it publicly and in the Share dialog, choose the option to Make A Web Application, and then in the gallery that that appears choose to publish your map using the map tour application. So in other words you'll create a new map tour using your existing feature service.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum
Hi

Sorry about the issue. Those edits you made shouldn't be causing that issue you mentioned. Make sure the entry in ArcGIS Online for your web map and your web mapping application are both shared publicly.

If you are not able to get your map tour working, you should be able to add your feature service into a completely new web map and from with the map open in the ArcGIS Online map viewer user interface, first save the map and then share it share it publicly and in the Share dialog, choose the option to Make A Web Application, and then in the gallery that that appears choose to publish your map using the map tour application. So in other words you'll create a new map tour using your existing feature service.
0 Kudos
AnupamaR_C
New Contributor
Thanks Rupert!

Your solution worked like a charm! 🙂
I am able to see the entire content properly! The Map Tour is working again.

Thanks a lot!

-
Anupama
0 Kudos