The storymap map tour keeps relabeling my pictures

Jump to solution
12-28-2018 09:08 PM
IsaacAshby
New Contributor

I have been building a map tour for the last few days and am running into problems where I will type names and descriptions for my pictures and videos and will save my work, to find out that the picture names and descriptions have been applied to the wrong pictures, meaning they have been moved from one picture to another.  There are several cases where the same name and description are applied to 4 or 5 pictures in a row.  The names and descriptions that used to be there are now gone.  This keeps happening, even after I go back and fix everything.  What is happening?  It seems to happen when I reorder pictures or delete pictures altogether.  I am using Firefox on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Issac

Very sorry about the issue. This is something we have not been able to address easily in the code for Story Map Tour, which is now the oldest one of the Story Map app codebases. This can happen in the Story Map Tour Builder if you move between the places in your tour quite rapidly, especially if you have a large tour and you click on the > button rapidly to get to the point you want to edit. It is fairly easy to tell when it has happened because the Save indicator illuminates to show you that a saveable change has been made, even though you were just moving between your points. If you notice that Save becomes illuminated when you were only browsing through your places in the Builder. we recommend you close that browser tab without saving.

The workaround is to not click too rapidly on the < or > buttons in the Builder. Sorry we don't have a better solution to this currently.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Issac

Very sorry about the issue. This is something we have not been able to address easily in the code for Story Map Tour, which is now the oldest one of the Story Map app codebases. This can happen in the Story Map Tour Builder if you move between the places in your tour quite rapidly, especially if you have a large tour and you click on the > button rapidly to get to the point you want to edit. It is fairly easy to tell when it has happened because the Save indicator illuminates to show you that a saveable change has been made, even though you were just moving between your points. If you notice that Save becomes illuminated when you were only browsing through your places in the Builder. we recommend you close that browser tab without saving.

The workaround is to not click too rapidly on the < or > buttons in the Builder. Sorry we don't have a better solution to this currently.

Rupert

0 Kudos