Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps : Map Tour App : How to add your own basemaps

Jump to solution
05-19-2014 10:10 PM
MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Peoples,

I created a Story Map with the Map Tour App.  The basemaps button allows me to choose a basemap from the esri selection, but does not allow
me to choose one from a URL, or from my organisation.  How can I choose a basemap other than esri?

Cheers,

Mark
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaymondHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mark,

I assume you are using the ArcGIS map viewer to create a web map and then save and share via Make a Web Application and you chose the Map Tour App template. Let me know if it is not the case.

In the ArcGIS map viewer, if you would like to use your map service as the basemap, please click Add>Add layer from web, then enter your map service URL and check the option Use as Basemap.

If you are making the story map via the Map Tour Builder, similarly, a web map will have been created and save in the contents of your Arcgis Online account. You will need to open this web map in ArcGIS map viewer and do the same to 'switch' the basemap.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes for you.

Cheers,
Raymond

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RaymondHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mark,

I assume you are using the ArcGIS map viewer to create a web map and then save and share via Make a Web Application and you chose the Map Tour App template. Let me know if it is not the case.

In the ArcGIS map viewer, if you would like to use your map service as the basemap, please click Add>Add layer from web, then enter your map service URL and check the option Use as Basemap.

If you are making the story map via the Map Tour Builder, similarly, a web map will have been created and save in the contents of your Arcgis Online account. You will need to open this web map in ArcGIS map viewer and do the same to 'switch' the basemap.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes for you.

Cheers,
Raymond
0 Kudos
MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Raymond,

I made the story map with the Map Tour Builder.  I found the web map that was created as part of this process, and altered the basemap as you suggested, and it worked.  Thanks for the solution.

Cheers,

Mark
0 Kudos