Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps embedded in Map Journal - Sharing

Jump to solution
03-10-2016 07:31 PM
SimonJackson
Frequent Contributor
  • I have two organisation accounts.  (A & B)
  • I want to share a Map Journal created by A, with B.
  • The Map Journal also contains 3 story maps (swipe, 2x time) that have been embedded via a URL.  These story maps also created and owned by organisation A.

1.png

I have shared ALL of the content (layers, web-maps, apps) created by A, to a group owned by B.

When someone from B (who created the group) tried to open the Map Journal.  The maps that are a part of Map Journal (ones that include main stage actions) display fine for A & B.

When someone from B (who created the group) tries to access the sections that include the embedded story maps,the page denies the request:

2.png

If the same person tries to view the separte story map in an new tab, they have to login to B again, but then works fine to view the story map from A.

Some other notes:

I would assume that if someone was logged into B, and was in the group where the content from A was shared, they would be able to see both the map journal and any of the shared story maps that are embedded within it?

Would prefer to avoid going down the application authentication path (appID, hosting apps on S3, etc)

Gregory L'Azou​ ?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are currently discussing how to fix this, there is a related issue (from a technical point of view) open in the support system for this: BUG-000092958. I will try to keep you posted here as we move on that. From now unfortunately I don't know of any simple workaround. I think your only solution as you suggested is to download and host all the apps.

My diagnosis is that, as the application is embedded in a frame it can't reuse the user identity that has already been acquired in the main storymaps so the application that is embedded will attempt to redirect itself to the sign-in dialog to acquire identity, this process cannot be completed as the sign-in dialog does not allow that sign-in in a frame. We are discussing where a modification should happen, either in apps or sign-in dialog to make that use case works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are currently discussing how to fix this, there is a related issue (from a technical point of view) open in the support system for this: BUG-000092958. I will try to keep you posted here as we move on that. From now unfortunately I don't know of any simple workaround. I think your only solution as you suggested is to download and host all the apps.

My diagnosis is that, as the application is embedded in a frame it can't reuse the user identity that has already been acquired in the main storymaps so the application that is embedded will attempt to redirect itself to the sign-in dialog to acquire identity, this process cannot be completed as the sign-in dialog does not allow that sign-in in a frame. We are discussing where a modification should happen, either in apps or sign-in dialog to make that use case works.

0 Kudos