Story Map Shortlist Questions

Jump to solution
10-30-2017 12:14 PM
CynthiaMatney1
New Contributor II

1.  Within the Story Map Shortlist is it possible to be able to link from a website to a specific point within a tab?  For example - we have a shortlist for our parks, trails, shelters and I have been asked if there is a way on our website when they mention "City Park" to be able to link directly the "City Park" point/info within my shortlist map.

2.  Within the Beta version (or newer versions) is it possible to be able to change the theme color for the area that the points of interest is organized on?  And maybe be able to not only change the color of the header but also have the option of adding a picture as the header?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Cynthia

1.  Linking to a specific place in a Story Map Shortlist via a URL isn't supported currently. We have it on our list of enhancements. There is also an ArcGIS Idea submitted for this. Feel free to vote that one up if you haven't already: https://community.esri.com/ideas/13132 

2. Changing the color of the header is supported in the Builder but you can't change the color of the background of the tab, which is what I think you are referring to. It can be changed by self-hosting and customizing the source code. That is also how you can add a graphic into the header.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Cynthia

1.  Linking to a specific place in a Story Map Shortlist via a URL isn't supported currently. We have it on our list of enhancements. There is also an ArcGIS Idea submitted for this. Feel free to vote that one up if you haven't already: https://community.esri.com/ideas/13132 

2. Changing the color of the header is supported in the Builder but you can't change the color of the background of the tab, which is what I think you are referring to. It can be changed by self-hosting and customizing the source code. That is also how you can add a graphic into the header.

Rupert

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Rupert Essinger‌ any idea when this will be implemented? 

0 Kudos