Select to view content in your preferred language

Story map pop up bug

Jump to solution
07-25-2018 04:52 PM
MalcolmJ
Frequent Contributor

Hi

I believe I've come across a bug which stops pop-ups working properly in story maps.

The issue I've found is sometimes the pop-ups stop working for some reason and I believe this is the cause.

Example map here  

So in the Moorings or Marine Farms tabs you can click on the marine farm or mooring point and get a pop up. If you leave the pop-up window open and pan the map so the pop-up disappears off the side of the screen, you then don't get the pop-up on any other features until you zoom in or out on the map.

I've tried this in Chrome, Firefox and IE11 and get the same thing happening.

I also get the pop-up stop working if I select a feature, close the pop up and then pan to another part of the map and try select another feature.

The features are drawing from two map services, with pop-ups configured in an AGOL webmap.

Data/Environment (MapServer) 

Data/Services (MapServer) 

If the data is added as a single layer from a map service e.g. in the Foreshore structure tab which comes from Layer: Foreshore Structure (Point) (ID: 20)  then this issue doesn't occur. Its only when the whole map service is added to the map and popups configured on layers within the map service that this seems to happen.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Malcolm -- Sorry you've run into an issue with pop-ups in your Story Map. I can easily reproduce the issue in the story you've shared here. Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into fixing it in an upcoming release.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JustMapSynch
Regular Contributor

Fascinating map!  I had no idea that much marine farming was going on in NZ.  (Or any idea about your bug, I'm afraid).  Do you really mean to be putting the names of those mooring holders out there?  That sort of thing sometimes upsets the lawyers.

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Frequent Contributor

This is actually the main area for marine farming in NZ and the owner names is public info but i think i'll hide it in this map anyway as this is just an example to show this potential bug!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Malcolm -- Sorry you've run into an issue with pop-ups in your Story Map. I can easily reproduce the issue in the story you've shared here. Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into fixing it in an upcoming release.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
MalcolmJ
Frequent Contributor

That's great, thank you.

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Frequent Contributor

Hi Owen

Its possible the same thing is happening when using pop-ups on an image service. I'm getting the same behaviour. After opening a pop-up and panning the popup stops working until you zoom in or out.

Unfortunately I don't have an example to share (the map I'm working on isn't yet public) but after it is I'll share a link here.

Thanks