Story Map not loading

05-13-2015 09:34 AM
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

I've made a sequential, place-based narrative story map. I've already made one before, and it displays everything properly. This time, I did the same thing; downloaded the zip file, followed the directions, created my points of interest in the CSV, uploaded it to a publicly shared map on ArcGIS Online, and then uploaded all the files in the zip folder to iPage, my work place's hosting site of choice, and when I try to view it, the loading circle doesn't stop spinning. I've tried re-downloading the codes, icons, everything, to make sure there was nothing corrupted in the folder. I just can't get it to load, and whoever wrote the code didn't use proper indentation, so it's almost impossible to really read through "every line" of code to see what's wrong. Any ideas on what could be preventing this story map from loading?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry, I did not realized that Dropbox removed that feature. it is mentioned in the documentation that it is only available for account created before 2012. Dropbox is not a valid solution for website hosting.

There is plenty of player in the free website space but I don't know them. Google drive is another valid option but it's a bit complex to get the URL How to Use Google Drive as a Free Web Hosting Solution

I will definitely look into the issue.

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

I tried doing this with the first story map I made that was working fine on ipage, and it worked with the google drive hosting, but the story map that I was having issues with on ipage, that you said you were able to host just fine on dropbox, won't load on the google drive. I have no clue what the heck is going on, I've redone this story map several times now with new webmaps and fresh source codes, and I just can't get it to work anywhere.

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

Now neither of my story maps are working on ipage. Here's the other one. http://ddaintern4.com/k_angleton/index.html

Link to the one from the original post: http://ddaintern4.com/baywalk_kangleton/index.html

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Sorry again but yes both of those now have the same issue. Maybe you should contact them and ask what they change. The issue is that the following files

http://ddaintern4.com/baywalk_kangleton/resources/font/OpenSans-Regular-webfont.woff

http://ddaintern4.com/k_angleton/resources/font/OpenSans-Regular-webfont.woff

are not returning the expected files.

Google Drive is working fine for me. Can you share the link?

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

I'm not in the office today, so I'll have to take a look at those webfonts tomorrow, but the links to the google drive hosted story maps are:

googledrive.com/host/0BxHsTyMIKu4XfjZpTmw3Rm9qSkwxX0hSM210MldmTF80YWpXcnN4RzZucGl0ZnRRSkhFTUk

googledrive.com/host/0BxHsTyMIKu4XflB5VlFYOFBpQ2Njd011aWdHV3BEREFrTE5pLUo0ZzM3b1c2ZnkwV3ZweDg

The second one works, but the custom header I made isn't displaying for me, and it was displaying just fine before. It's a white header that says DWNTWN Miami and had transportation icons on it.

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

I got the transportation story map to work just fine on the google drive hosting. So at least I've figured that one out. Now for the newer one, still trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Ok good, the second one is working for me too.

Something has gone wrong with the first one. You will have to redeploy it from a fresh download of the application source. When I look at the source of the page (right click + view page source), the first one is very different from the second one, the code has been altered. This must be your issue.

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

Finally got the other one to work, too. Thanks for helping me along the way. I guess the code had gotten corrupted somewhere and I didn't catch it.

0 Kudos