Story Map Journal, Citations?

Jump to solution
07-23-2014 09:41 AM
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to add layer citations to the map credit area in the a Story Map Journal?

Thank you...Credits.bmp

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

If you published your layer from ArcGIS for Desktop, the credit information as part of the layer properties from ArcMap will display over the map. The Credit property on items in ArcGIS.com do not display on the map. For a hosted feature layer published to ArcGIS Online, it is possible to change the text you see on the map, but not from ArcGIS.com. You have to use the Services Directory to update the definition of the copyright property.

Mike

View solution in original post

7 Replies
LaurenYee
Occasional Contributor

It might be easier to add it in the header/in the banner or right most side.

0 Kudos
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Lauren, I also had that as a back-up plan.

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, if you go to the item's detail's page for any web map or layer in ArcGIS Online, under the properties section there is a credit field. If you are the owner, you can edit this credit's property. Anything that has been added here will show up in the citation section of the map.

AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I had tried this in the past, and I wasn't successful in seeing the updated credits show up. However, I attempted to update the credits in my maps and apps several months ago; I'll give it another try.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately it looks like not all layer support credits. I just tried with a CSV saved as an Item and it didn't work but Feature Service and Map Service credits should works.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

If you published your layer from ArcGIS for Desktop, the credit information as part of the layer properties from ArcMap will display over the map. The Credit property on items in ArcGIS.com do not display on the map. For a hosted feature layer published to ArcGIS Online, it is possible to change the text you see on the map, but not from ArcGIS.com. You have to use the Services Directory to update the definition of the copyright property.

Mike

AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Mike, I believe this is exactly what I needed to know, and will help other folks as well.

0 Kudos