story map address and place finder pin/pop-up

Jump to solution
09-15-2015 09:38 AM
KirstenLuke
New Contributor

I am working on a story map and I want to (need to) use the tabbed story map template series.  Now, with the web map and with other map applications when you used the address or place finder (for example by typing in a lat long) it will zoom to the spot and drop a pin with a pop-up.  It will not do this in the stroymap tab series...and I need this!  Seems weird that it won't. 

Thoughts? 

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for your feedback; I agree that would be be a better experience. I've created an issue on GitHub for your request so we can consider and prioritize this for a future release and so you can track it. We'd hope to get this added to our March or July release next year.

If you absolutely need that experience today, you could put your map in the Map Tools configurable app (which does have the pin and pop-up) and then embed that app in your Map Series (see this blog post for instructions).

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for your feedback; I agree that would be be a better experience. I've created an issue on GitHub for your request so we can consider and prioritize this for a future release and so you can track it. We'd hope to get this added to our March or July release next year.

If you absolutely need that experience today, you could put your map in the Map Tools configurable app (which does have the pin and pop-up) and then embed that app in your Map Series (see this blog post for instructions).

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
KirstenLuke
New Contributor

Owen,

Thank you for your prompt response and suggestion.

Best

Kirsten

0 Kudos