Occasional Contributor

Can 2 users edit the same story map?

Kate

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

I answered a bit fast, to be complete, it is actually possible to do this today if your users are administrator of an Organization or have the correct privileges by transferring the ownership of a story to another user.

So this require that both editors have those privileges and be able to transfer the story when the other needs it.

The button to change ownership is accessible from the item:

If you are doing this on a Map Tour, you will also need to transfer the associated web map and optionally the Feature Services. Some more documentation at Manage items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

Not yet, but this is coming very soon with our next release (July 9th), stay tuned!

KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Good to know, thank you!

Kate

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

I answered a bit fast, to be complete, it is actually possible to do this today if your users are administrator of an Organization or have the correct privileges by transferring the ownership of a story to another user.

So this require that both editors have those privileges and be able to transfer the story when the other needs it.

The button to change ownership is accessible from the item:

If you are doing this on a Map Tour, you will also need to transfer the associated web map and optionally the Feature Services. Some more documentation at Manage items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this information.  This will not work for us at this point, it is my students that I would like to share Story Maps with each other, but, they are not administrators.  That is OK for now, I will wait for the upgrade and consider that for the next term.

Thanks again-

0 Kudos
Ingrid
by
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'd would like to follow up this topic. I am currently trying to help my students to collaborate in Story Maps but they can not edit the story maps if they are not the owner. I can do edits because I am the administrator. 

Could you provide more information? I followed all the instructions to create the groups and made sure that every member in the group has privilege as a publisher. I also changed the groupo settings and all the member can make changes, and they still could not edit the story map. They only have the VIEW option available.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos