Select to view content in your preferred language

Shortlist editor won't load.

Jump to solution
04-17-2018 01:35 AM
PeoBoholm
New Contributor II

Dear users,

Since a few days it is not possible anymore for our users to acces the editor for the Shortlist Story Map. Whenever a user clicks on the edit button of the Story Map the loading screen keeps displaying the three bars loading continiously. We already tried using it on different computers / devices and within different browsers. Only the view option of our Shortlist Story Map is available. Also making a new Shortlist Story map was not possible because the editor screen would not load. I read in another thread that there has been an update to the Shortlist Story Maps and i'm wondering if this issue has anything to do with that. We need to acces the editor version of the Story Map to fill it in for a presentation this thursday. 

I look forward to receiving help with this issue.

With kind regards,

Peo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

Our patch that fixes the issue with the Shortlist Builder not launching in non-English browser environments has now been released on ArcGIS Online.

Prior to the update we have just made, launching Shortlist Builder to create or edit a Shortlist wouldn't work except in English, so for example this URL would fail to load:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlist/index.html?fromScratch&locale=de 

So I'm hoping this addresses your issue, assuming the issue above caused it

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

Hi. Sorry about the issue you are having. I'm not sure what would be causing that. I'd recommend contacting Esri Technical Support directly so they can look into this issue for you, especially as this is something you need quite soon. 

Rupert

0 Kudos
PeoBoholm
New Contributor II

Hi Rupert,

Thanks for your response. We will try to contact Technical Support as fast as possible to get this issue resolved. 

With kind regards,

Peo

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

Thanks Peo, and thanks for raising this issue. 

Esri Technical Support has reported to us that the Shortlist Builder isn't launching if the language that the author views the web with in their browser (i.e, their browser locale) is not English. Like you say in your post, using a browser locale other than English, if you try and create a new Shortlist or edit an existing Shortlist, the Shortlist Builder hangs and fails to load. The issue doesn't affect viewing Shortlists.  That is a bug on our side and we are in the process of applying a fix for this. I'll post here when the fix is applied to ArcGIS Online. I'm hoping that this solves the issue you raised. It may have been your contact with Esri Technical Support that helped us track down the issue, so thanks for doing that.

Rupert

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

Our patch that fixes the issue with the Shortlist Builder not launching in non-English browser environments has now been released on ArcGIS Online.

Prior to the update we have just made, launching Shortlist Builder to create or edit a Shortlist wouldn't work except in English, so for example this URL would fail to load:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlist/index.html?fromScratch&locale=de 

So I'm hoping this addresses your issue, assuming the issue above caused it

Rupert

0 Kudos
PeoBoholm
New Contributor II

Dear Rupert,

Thank you for your fast response! Indeed the issue has been resolved now, and I can get back to work with my Story Map! Thank you for the quick fix!

With kind regards,

Peo

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

Good to know, thanks!

And all the best with your project.

Rupert

0 Kudos