"Share" Web Map Application (Story Map) for Editing

Jump to solution
09-16-2015 06:16 AM
AnaHiraldo
New Contributor II

I would like to share a web map application (story map) with a co-worker so we can BOTH edit the application as needed.  Is this possible? Is this a setting under the enterprise account that I don't know about? 

Since I have not been able to find how to copy a web map application (appears to be impossible with today's technology) I am looking for alternative solutions.

The only thing I can think of is creating an account that we can both use, but this would be my last option.

Any assistance on this matter is much appreciated.  Thanks -

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Ana

Follow the steps below

1. Create a new Group and check the box next to "Members can update all items in this group".  group_settings.jpg
  2. Add/Invite the members to your group who you would like to be able to update your Story Map.
  3. Go to My Content and check the box next to your Story Map application item > select Share > Access and update capabilities.
  4. Choose the group your created in the first step and click Ok.

All members of the group should now be able to update the application.

Kyle

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AllisonHoff

Here are four ways to share a story map:

1) share the URL in the URL bar

2) search for the story map using the id number in the URL or search for the title (if using the title check that the author is the same). Once you have found it open the item details and select share. You can share with a group that you both belong to. (Note it is possible to invite people to an org with a customized role so they can only view material.)

3) some templates have options in the story map to share via social media

4) in GeoNet there is a way to share items. I believe you use the ! But will check on this

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
AnaHiraldo
New Contributor II

Hi Allison,

Thanks, but I want to “Share” for editing the actual Web Mapping Applications (Story Map) itself. Not sharing for viewing. Is there a way?

Ana Hiraldo-Gomez

Manager of Information Technology Shared Services

Westchester County Department of Information Technology

148 Martine Avenue Room 214

White Plains, NY 10601

Tel: 914-995-5162

Mobile: 914-330-2315

Fax: 914-813-4024

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

0 Kudos
AllisonHoff

The only way I can think of is changing the owner back and forth which the admin can do (or perhaps a custom role). That is for configuring the story map template.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

Ana

Follow the steps below

1. Create a new Group and check the box next to "Members can update all items in this group".  group_settings.jpg
  2. Add/Invite the members to your group who you would like to be able to update your Story Map.
  3. Go to My Content and check the box next to your Story Map application item > select Share > Access and update capabilities.
  4. Choose the group your created in the first step and click Ok.

All members of the group should now be able to update the application.

Kyle

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ana,

I think Kyle has posted the answer you are looking for. Also there are a few blogs on this topic as well:

Enable colleagues to update your maps and apps | ArcGIS Blog

More ways to collaborate on maps and apps | ArcGIS Blog

Hope this is helpful!
Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
RoxanneWilson
New Contributor III

There have been changes made to the security setup when creating a group.  I'm currently the owner of a webmap.  I've created a group where I want all members in the group to be able to edit this specific webmap.  However, when I try to share the webmap to the group I've created, the group doesn't show.  Are there updated instructions that allow multiple people within a group to be editors of one web map?