"Map Journal Builder" cannot add webpage in the "Main Stage"

Jump to solution
03-04-2016 11:02 AM
IsaacHollander
New Contributor

Hi, On "Map Journal Builder", it is no longer possible to add a webpage in the "Main Stage" for anything other than the first slide. As for webpages I added in the past, some do connect, but I cannot see where to cancel or change them. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Could you let us know which web URL you are trying  to add, or give an example of one that doesn't work on the Main Stage.

In the Edit Section dialog, the Back button at the bottom to get back to the panel where the web page URL is shown:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Could you let us know which web URL you are trying  to add, or give an example of one that doesn't work on the Main Stage.

In the Edit Section dialog, the Back button at the bottom to get back to the panel where the web page URL is shown:

IsaacHollander
New Contributor

Thank you ...

0 Kudos
KimberlyYoung1
New Contributor

I am having the same issue in a sense.  I've added webpages to mainstages, but they do not load.  https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=6b61b3c17f60469da9eb82c92cc3f466

Some examples: Syria: The story of the conflict - BBC News

Syrian Journey: Choose your own escape route - BBC News

The refugee challenge: can you break into Fortress Europe? - interactive | Global development | theg... 

It says "no issue detected" but pages never load.  This has been the case since February. 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kimberly,

Have you looked into AGOL Assistant?

ArcGIS Online Assistant

It gives you a different control of the underlying code of your online maps and apps. Open it up and take a look at the JSON of your story map. You may be able to update your url/mainstage there.

Can you view this webpage outside of your story map?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

If you are having trouble getting a web page or app to load inside a story map, please review the troubleshooting section of this blog for help on how to fix issues: Embedding apps and websites in Story Maps | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps