Problem with Story Map Tour- Text and title of points are duplicating/replacing others

11-15-2019 07:10 AM
ChrisSaladin
New Contributor

Hi,

I am helping a class at the University of Minnesota make basic Story Map Tours and am running into an issue where students' point entries are getting replaced by duplicates of previous entries. The points and images are staying the same, but the text gets replaced.

This appears to be happening after they save and exit out of the program. This is happening in at least two of the Story Map groups. Here's an example: the first and second pictures are different points originally with different text (#7 should be the gate of Jerusalem):
image.png
image.png
Here's another example from a different project. Once again, the first title and text (but not image or location) are replacing the second:
image.png
image.png
What's also strange is that 7 doesn't even originally appear on the map until you click the slider over to it. I also checked the attributes tables in the connected layers and these duplications are reflected there as well.
The only issue I can think of is that two students are trying to edit at once, but I find it hard to believe that they would be trying to put the same info in completely different point. This error appears to be a pattern and another instructor voiced that they experienced in a different course last Spring.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris Saladin (University of Minnesota, U-Spatial)
0 Kudos
0 Replies