Problem creating shortlist story map from existing data

Jump to solution
05-01-2018 07:37 AM
JimmyKroon
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to create a shortlist story map using data in an existing web map as the data source as described (very briefly) here in step 1.

Story Map Shortlist Tutorial | Story Maps 

I have my web map with a layer using the correct schema, and containing some sample data.

http://delaware.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=6b4f15b068f84086adb86145cf05f099 

But when I try to create a new web app, story map shortlist is not an option in the template gallery.

I've gone several ESRI and non-ESRI sets of instructions for this and can't figure out what's going wrong. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jimmy

I see from your web  map's URL that you are using ArcGIS Online. (If you were using ArcGIS Enterprise, then that would answer the question immediately, because Story Map Shortlist isn't included in ArcGIS Enterprise). What I think is happening is that in your ArcGIS Online Organization's administrative settings, it is pointing at custom group of apps instead of the default group of apps to populate the App Gallery for people such as yourself using that Organization to create apps, and that custom group doesn't include Story Map Shortlist. You could see if your ArcGIS Online administrator could add Story Map Shortlist into that custom group. They could also add Story Map Cascade into there as well, which is another cool Story Map app I'm not seeing in your Gallery. Alternatively they could give you access to all the standard apps by reverting to pointing at the default group of apps, but there may be reasons only a subset of apps are being presents to authors.

There's some info about this here in the ArcGIS Online help: Configure map—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jimmy

I see from your web  map's URL that you are using ArcGIS Online. (If you were using ArcGIS Enterprise, then that would answer the question immediately, because Story Map Shortlist isn't included in ArcGIS Enterprise). What I think is happening is that in your ArcGIS Online Organization's administrative settings, it is pointing at custom group of apps instead of the default group of apps to populate the App Gallery for people such as yourself using that Organization to create apps, and that custom group doesn't include Story Map Shortlist. You could see if your ArcGIS Online administrator could add Story Map Shortlist into that custom group. They could also add Story Map Cascade into there as well, which is another cool Story Map app I'm not seeing in your Gallery. Alternatively they could give you access to all the standard apps by reverting to pointing at the default group of apps, but there may be reasons only a subset of apps are being presents to authors.

There's some info about this here in the ArcGIS Online help: Configure map—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Rupert

0 Kudos
JimmyKroon
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you! I just tried doing this using a different account (in a different AGOL organization) and shortlist was an option there. I'll contact our org admins about getting it added to our app list or preferably having the list set back to the default. I know them and I'd guess it's not restricted on purpose.

0 Kudos