Picture size in StoryMap "Shortlist"

Jump to solution
02-28-2017 06:21 AM
RalfWeber1
New Contributor

Dear All,

first let's say that the ability to show bigger picture sizes is a great step for the developing of the shortlist storymap!

... but i still have a question regarding the size of the pictures displayed.

I think it is suggested that the picture size should be around 700 px in hight (maximum?),

but my pictures are always shown with 431 px in height?

I did some test with differend picture heights but my pictures are always "transformed" to these 431 pix and it's not possible to get bigger size ?!

What can this be and is it possible to adjust/change?

Thanks

Ralf

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Ralf, the shortlist app recommends using photos that are no larger than 700px to make sure they load quickly even on slower internet connection. Because the shortlist is a responsive app, the photos will change size based on the size and aspect ratio of a viewers browser and will resize to best fill the space in the side panel. Users with large or high pixel density monitors will automatically get a larger photo; there is nothing you need to do.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Ralf, the shortlist app recommends using photos that are no larger than 700px to make sure they load quickly even on slower internet connection. Because the shortlist is a responsive app, the photos will change size based on the size and aspect ratio of a viewers browser and will resize to best fill the space in the side panel. Users with large or high pixel density monitors will automatically get a larger photo; there is nothing you need to do.

0 Kudos