Picture captions are wrong - Map Journal

02-16-2016 09:56 AM
PatrickWalsh1
New Contributor

I created a story map journal and placed multiple pictures in the side panel for each page. For each of these pictures I added a caption and they look fine in the sidebar. When the picture is expanded by the viewer the captions don't always seem to match the picture. The first picture is always right but the second sometimes has the caption from the first repeated or no caption at all. This goes for the third as well. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Sometimes Map Journals get a little screwy with different monitor resolutions. This should not affect your captions but I am wondering if you have tried viewing this map on different browsers or with different resolutions? Or maybe cleared your browser cache?

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

We'll have a look into that. Could you share your map journal publicly and post the link here, or could you provide a screenshot showing the issue?

Rupert

0 Kudos
PatrickWalsh1
New Contributor
0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Just from my brief glancing around, things look like I would think they should to me. Can you specifically mention where you are seeing problems?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm seeing in on several photos. For example, the second one should be captioned "Home swept away by Meramec River flooding. Photo courtesy of the Post-Dispatch."

storymap.png

0 Kudos
PatrickWalsh1
New Contributor

It's only happening to the second or third pictures on a slide in the sidebar.

0 Kudos
KateNewell1
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same issue.  Did this ever get resolved?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Please see this GeoNet thread for more info about this issue: Map Journal - image captions

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps