MapJournal Story Map - Main Stage Action

Jump to solution
02-12-2015 09:27 AM
KellyArmstrong
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I noticed on the MapJournal Story map on ArcGIS Online, that only text can be linked to a main stage action.  Is it possible for an image to have a main stage action?  I would like to have the ability to click on an image in the floating panel and have a main stage action.  Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks so much!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible at that time. A workaround would involve custom development.

I opened an issue for you on GitHub so you can track the progress, I wish to resolve that in the next months.

Text Editor - Impossible to create a main stage action on an image · Issue #24 · Esri/map-journal-st...

Thanks for feedback

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible at that time. A workaround would involve custom development.

I opened an issue for you on GitHub so you can track the progress, I wish to resolve that in the next months.

Text Editor - Impossible to create a main stage action on an image · Issue #24 · Esri/map-journal-st...

Thanks for feedback

0 Kudos
MarkHoover1
New Contributor II

Any progress on this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mark,

Our development time is currently focused on several new apps so we have not gotten to considering this yet. I know it's not exactly what you were asking, but this blog post describes a way to make more engaging main stage action links by formatting them as buttons. You may find this helpful:

https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/create-buttons-for-main-stage-actions-using-the-style-...

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos