Is there a way to automatically produce a last updated tag to a story map?

Jump to solution
09-16-2016 08:06 AM
JoshuaAhmed
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm looking to use story maps as an academic tool but need to have a way of monitoring when the latest updates were made to the story. Is there a way to add this to the map automatically when its published? 

Any help would be much appreciated

Josh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

The date does not show up on the published story map but if you access to the story, you should also have access to the item page. You would just need to search of the each story map in ArcGIS Online or know the ID for the story. Another option would be to share all the stories to a single group. Then you can just sort the group by date to see to most recent changes. The group will link to the item pages of each story.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Josh,

Every item (apps, web maps, layer items) in ArcGIS Online has the last modified date saved on the item's details page:

If you search ArcGIS Online or when viewing your "My Content" page, you can also sort by when the item was last modified.

The "My Stories" section of our website is also another great way to manage your stories: My Stories | Story Maps.

This page will give you a quick view of all your stories including when it was last updated. It also let's you see if any content of your stories has errors and provides links to edit those stories:

JoshuaAhmed
New Contributor II

Thanks, Stephen. Is there a way to see these dates without having access to the account (i.e., can you see them on the published story map?).

Josh

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

The date does not show up on the published story map but if you access to the story, you should also have access to the item page. You would just need to search of the each story map in ArcGIS Online or know the ID for the story. Another option would be to share all the stories to a single group. Then you can just sort the group by date to see to most recent changes. The group will link to the item pages of each story.