Is it possible to add a survey, created in 123, in a cascade story?

Jump to solution
10-06-2017 06:49 AM
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

I'm looking to include a survey, created in 123, as an app or embedded in a cascade story. 

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jonathan: Yes, you can embed a Survey123 form in a Cascade story -- as long as your survey does not require the respondents to sign in. I'd recommend embedding only for very simple, short surveys. If your survey is long or complex (or if it requires respondents to log in) then it's best to include a hyperlink to your survey somewhere in the text of your story (typically near the end) so readers can open the survey form in a new browser tab.

Below is a screenshot of the survey configuration. Just copy the "survey link" and enter that in Cascade's Link to Content panel. For the media configuration options I'd recommend using a LARGE size and leaving the default interaction mode of "interaction enabled."

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jonathan: Yes, you can embed a Survey123 form in a Cascade story -- as long as your survey does not require the respondents to sign in. I'd recommend embedding only for very simple, short surveys. If your survey is long or complex (or if it requires respondents to log in) then it's best to include a hyperlink to your survey somewhere in the text of your story (typically near the end) so readers can open the survey form in a new browser tab.

Below is a screenshot of the survey configuration. Just copy the "survey link" and enter that in Cascade's Link to Content panel. For the media configuration options I'd recommend using a LARGE size and leaving the default interaction mode of "interaction enabled."

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Owen, perfect!

0 Kudos