Select to view content in your preferred language

I want to create a StoryMap based Survey mixing Survey 123 into my Story Map. Is this possible?

11-10-2017 08:33 AM
DanaSwarth
New Contributor

I am working on a research project surveying people using photos.  I would like to embed the survey program (potentially Survey 123) into a Story Map format so that survey takers can be taken from one survey question to the next using a zoom out-zoom in mapping function.  Would this be possible?  I have not come across any examples of people using storymaps to provide surveys.  The survey questions are place based.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dana, 

I don't think it's possible to have a direct link between the survey and a storymap, but you could embed a Survey123 web form in a Map Journal side panel, have a web map in the main panel and use Story Map actions (Using Story Map Journal Story Actions | ArcGIS Blog) to direct the user to different locations in the survey. 

I'm not sure it'd be possible to use the same survey over different sections/tabs. 

Carmel

0 Kudos
deleted-user-KFkk8_E5t1_q
New Contributor II

Hi Dana, 

You could use Collaborate tab from https://survey123.arcgis.com. Esri has an option to integrate through HTML code. If you want to embebed into a StoryMap, you could copy and paste the code. 

Other option is the URL, then you have it you must check the box "Open the survey directly in a browser".

I hope it will be useful.

Laura G.