How to use a (daily) time interval for time-aware webmaps or storymaps?

11-29-2016 09:14 PM
DCWORK_GIS
New Contributor III

I'm trying to use a time interval of (daily) rather than (year, month, week or equal) for a time-aware webmap.  I can't seem to find a way to use a daily interval even though my desktop map is set to display in daily increments. This Help page: Configure time settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS says "Choose the units for the time interval from the drop-down list. The units that appear in the drop-down list depend on the timelines in the layer data. To change these units, you must edit the layer properties of your data."

In my desktop file (ArcGIS Pro) my Span is set to "1 day" (and the lock is "locked" on Span), my Step Interval is set to "1 day" and I set Time Snapping to "Days". I also locked the Slider extent so that the the extent can't be changed on the slider, although this doesn't seem to be an available option on the webmap.

I don't know what else to edit...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DCWORK_GIS
New Contributor III

I was not able to find out how to get "daily" as an interval option, but I ended up setting the interval to "equal" and using the number of days in my date range to get the same result.

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

Using the number of days in the "equal" option only helps when you don't have any new records coming into the dataset over time.  We need a "Days" option.

ArcGIS Online‌ 

Web GIS

0 Kudos