Select to view content in your preferred language

How to download a map series builder app to further customize?

Jump to solution
01-30-2017 12:24 PM
AnnVanSlembrouck
Regular Contributor

I need to download a map created with the map series builder, in order to further customize.

It will remain on our web server as a hosted service.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ann,

If you download and host the application code for one of the story map apps that app still needs to point to either ArcGIS Online or an instance of Portal for ArcGIS to load the story configuration as well as any maps, scenes, or uploaded images that appear in the story.

You can run the builder from your own server to edit the story configuration stored on ArcGIS Online. The GitHub repository Saroj pointed to has all the information on how to deploy and configure the Map Series app.

Let me know if you still have additional questions.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SarojThapa1
Frequent Contributor

Ann, 

GitHub - Esri/map-series-storytelling-template-js: The Story Map Series lets you present a series of... 

This esri github repository is well documented and can help you accomplish what you are trying to accomplish.

Good luck! 

0 Kudos
AnnVanSlembrouck
Regular Contributor

Thank Saroj, I was hoping to download all of the settings and customizations that were saved with AGO.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ann,

If you download and host the application code for one of the story map apps that app still needs to point to either ArcGIS Online or an instance of Portal for ArcGIS to load the story configuration as well as any maps, scenes, or uploaded images that appear in the story.

You can run the builder from your own server to edit the story configuration stored on ArcGIS Online. The GitHub repository Saroj pointed to has all the information on how to deploy and configure the Map Series app.

Let me know if you still have additional questions.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
AnnVanSlembrouck
Regular Contributor

Got it - thanks! Very nice documentation.

Thanks,

Ann