Select to view content in your preferred language

How many images can be used in Shortlist Story Map?

Jump to solution
11-08-2018 11:21 AM
CarlNettleton
New Contributor II

At one time I created a story map using the shortlist template. It had 100 images. When I was done I realized only 99 images were included because that was the upper limit. Has this changed? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

There's no longer a limit in Shortlist. Our original, download only version had a limit of 99 per tab because at that point we ran out of numbered marker icons . In the current version of Shortlist we generate the markers on the fly, so there's no limit. However for best performance and the comfort of your readers, we'd still recommend not exceeding 100 or so places per tab in a Shortlist. For really huge numbers of places (i.e. thousands), a web map containing clickable points, perhaps with photos in their popups, will be faster and easier to author with your GIS than a Shortlist. 

Rupert

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

There's no longer a limit in Shortlist. Our original, download only version had a limit of 99 per tab because at that point we ran out of numbered marker icons . In the current version of Shortlist we generate the markers on the fly, so there's no limit. However for best performance and the comfort of your readers, we'd still recommend not exceeding 100 or so places per tab in a Shortlist. For really huge numbers of places (i.e. thousands), a web map containing clickable points, perhaps with photos in their popups, will be faster and easier to author with your GIS than a Shortlist. 

Rupert

CarlNettleton
New Contributor II

Thanks for the prompt response … good to know … I kind of abandoned story maps when my first one ran into that limit … time to go back!

Carl

Carl Nettleton

OpenOceans Global

“Empowering others by revealing the invisible!"

858-353-5489

carl@openoceans.org

www.openoceans.org