Embedding Info Graphics into Story Maps

10-11-2018 09:29 AM
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

Is there a way to embed infogrphics into a storymap??? For example i would like to embed infographics from community analyst into a story map so i can show my findings. The same goes for reports from Business analyst, I found a way to embed the reports into story map but the only way i could do it was by publishing my reports by adobe and then using the link and embedding it into the story map as a clickable link that takes you to the report. 

BUT...

It would be so much easier and smoother to just be able to embed the actual reports and infograpgics into the story maps. So what you see from Community Analyst and Business Analyst can be see the same way on your Story Map. 

SO my questions is; If anyone has found a way to do this then please let me know. And if any of you esri people read this, then please work on adding this feature to story maps, IT WOULD BE SO COOL! Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kevin

Are those reports shared publicly? In other words are you wanting to embed those reports inside a publicly shared story map, or is this all for use inside an organization. If they are publicly shared and don't contain any private or sensitive data perhaps you post the URL of one of the reports?

Rupert

0 Kudos
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

The story maps are public to everyone. But i have done the url in the past and done the screen shot. 

But i am talking about putting the actual info graphics into the story map. I want my viewers to be able to interact with the info graphics the same way i can on Community Analyst-where you can click on pop-ups and click on other interactive parts of the info graphics. A screenshot does not give the same effect. I am looking for a more interactive approach. Does this make sense? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kevin -- You can already add any of the great reports or infographics from other Esri products to story maps as simple screenshots or you can upload a PDF report anywhere on the web and embed the PDF. If you upload a PDF to your ArcGIS Online account you'll just need to share it publicly to add it to a story map.

Would one of those workflows work for you or are you looking for something else?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

I have done both in the past. But i am talking about putting the actual info graphics into the story map. I want my viewers to be able to interact with the info graphics the same way i can on Community Analyst-where you can click on pop-ups and click on other interactive parts of the info graphics. A screenshot does not give the same effect. I am looking for a more interactive approach. Does this make sense? '

Thanks 

0 Kudos