Select to view content in your preferred language

Crowdsourcing Story Map - edit field data type to integer?

Jump to solution
02-08-2018 10:18 AM
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

I am building a Crowdsourcing Story Map (beta) and I want my user to add quantitative values for the "Description" entry for easier mapping afterward. From the AGO Assistant, is it possible to change the "type" from textarea to integer?  I see the "LocationName" has "type":"location" and "dataType":"location" in the extras section of the code.  I tried to replicate these actions for the description but I am doing something wrong.  Any help or advice is welcome! 

Kate

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

In the Beta version of the Story Map Crowdsource, there is no way to modify the form, other than changing labels, if you have the app hosted on ArcGIS Online. You will need to download and modify the source code of the app as the third link Rupert posted details. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert, thanks for responding.

I used the second and third link to understand how the forms can be modified, very helpful, but they do not talk about changing the data type.  

The first link is going deeper than I was hoping to go, I was looking for easy edits and configurations with the AGO Assistant.  Is that not possible?  I am creating a demo app for a workshop where the participants will collect data and then we will conclude with some thematic mapping of those results. I do not want to invest too much time into this particular app. 

Thanks-
Kate

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

In the Beta version of the Story Map Crowdsource, there is no way to modify the form, other than changing labels, if you have the app hosted on ArcGIS Online. You will need to download and modify the source code of the app as the third link Rupert posted details.