Crowdsource: add ability to get XY from photo metadata, and recognize Lat/Long data input in location field

Jump to solution
08-03-2016 11:08 AM
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III
  • What steps did you follow to cause the issue?
    • Uploaded a new photo from and Android device using google account authorization
  • What was the expected result?
    • I would expect the photo location to be imported from the photo metadata
  • What was the result you observed?
    • The app asks the user to input the location. After entering the lat/long from the photo metadata an error message is shown stating "The location you searched for cannot be found...." A place name or address are the only acceptable location inputs.
  • Provide a link to your story (be sure to share it publicly)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Robert,

I just noticed you also asked about adding coordinates. Our geocoder recognizes coordinates in the order longitude then latitude, so try reversing the coordinate values.

We are looking to improve that experience in the next release by offering contributors that enter coordinates a suggestion to choose the location with the coordinate values swapped.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback. Crowdsource will most likely read photo geotags at the next release in September.

Owen

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Robert,

I just noticed you also asked about adding coordinates. Our geocoder recognizes coordinates in the order longitude then latitude, so try reversing the coordinate values.

We are looking to improve that experience in the next release by offering contributors that enter coordinates a suggestion to choose the location with the coordinate values swapped.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for following up, I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos