Can I add a location link or "zoom to" link like a bookmark to the text pane of my story map series (tabbed layout)?

Jump to solution
10-04-2016 07:09 AM
DanielShaffer2
New Contributor III

I have an "outlier" location that does not allow our map to display at a reasonable scale for our purposes if it is included. I'd like to include some text with a spatial bookmark or hyperlink that will pan and zoom the map in the main window to a specific extent. It there a way to do this Out of the Box? Or, must I download the template and muck about in it somehow? I'd love to find a quick and easy way to do this. Perhaps it's staring me in the face!

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Daniel,

For Map Series you could add another tab in the story and change the extent to show that feature to bring attention to it. Otherwise, if you are a developer, you could customize the code.

The Map Journal app has "actions" that let you configure a link the in the text to change the map (zoom to a location, toggle layer visibility, show a pop-up).

Using Story Map Journal Main Stage Actions | ArcGIS Blog 

You could try your story as a Journal to see if that works for you.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Daniel,

For Map Series you could add another tab in the story and change the extent to show that feature to bring attention to it. Otherwise, if you are a developer, you could customize the code.

The Map Journal app has "actions" that let you configure a link the in the text to change the map (zoom to a location, toggle layer visibility, show a pop-up).

Using Story Map Journal Main Stage Actions | ArcGIS Blog 

You could try your story as a Journal to see if that works for you.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
DanielShaffer2
New Contributor III

Thank you, Owen!

I’ll research the “actions” in the Journal and try and figure out how to add that capability to a Series (tabbed) story map.

Have a good one!

Dan

0 Kudos