Arcgis Online Assistant

Jump to solution
01-17-2019 10:44 AM
AnitaPalmer1
Occasional Contributor

Due to a short development timeline and the login to education group's organization account, I was forced to create a sizable story map in my online organization account. It worked perfectly and then I used the AOA to copy the map over to the customer organization account. Initially it showed no errors. I now find two things:

1. I have Vimeo videos that use Story Actions and are clicked on in the side pane and then run on the Main Stage. I am trying to add one more video after the fact and I get an error code "Video not Found". That is curious because if I paste the link into a web browser, it pops up and can be played. All other Vimeo videos that were previously added into the story map work perfectly and this new video is from the same collection.

2. The story map now will intermittently display that it has errors that may be seen by the end user. I have tested it in Incognito and on a separate computing device and it appears to be fine. However, then it will randomly check for errors and find that it has errors. When it does find errors, it looks like it could be some of the images that I uploaded through the story map (not uploaded into My Contents). Do images uploaded through the story map travel with the story map? 

I am concerned that I will have to recreate the entire story map but hoping that I will be spared that by refreshing the map or? This is several days worth of work. Help?

Thank you!

Anita

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Images that were uploaded to the story are not copied over by ArcGIS Online Assistant. You will need to upload those again to the copied story to make sure it has its own copy of all the images. I would also redo the story action as it's possible that the action ID or some other internal ID was modified in the process of copying the story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Images that were uploaded to the story are not copied over by ArcGIS Online Assistant. You will need to upload those again to the copied story to make sure it has its own copy of all the images. I would also redo the story action as it's possible that the action ID or some other internal ID was modified in the process of copying the story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AnitaPalmer1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I will upload all of the images again. The action ID for the new Vimeo link throws an error before I can even add it in. That is confusing. The old story actions are working though I did notice they are a bit quirky in that the video will continue to play even though the Back button is clicked. Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos