Select to view content in your preferred language

adding our own icons

Jump to solution
10-08-2015 09:38 AM
Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

I am working on a tabbed series map and wish to use custom icons.  I downloaded them from www.mapicons, added them to my content, shared them and pasted the url into where it says in add image. After clicking OK, then Close. My icon does not change. 

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.32.54 AM.png

My map is at http://arcg.is/1fpdbWA  The icon is on the Welcome Tab and goes to a pop-up entitled agricultural lands. The current icon is a tree with a sign.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi -- unfortunately hosting icons on ArcGIS Online is not currently supported for symbols. You'll need to host somewhere like Dropbox, Amazon S3, or a web server that can give you a full URL to the image (ending in .jpg, png, etc.).

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi -- unfortunately hosting icons on ArcGIS Online is not currently supported for symbols. You'll need to host somewhere like Dropbox, Amazon S3, or a web server that can give you a full URL to the image (ending in .jpg, png, etc.).

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

Thanks. Working on our own domain where we can store them.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Judie -- sorry, I was mistaken in my earlier reply. I just double-checked and the only thing I think you are missing (and I was also missing) is that after you enter the image URL in you have to click the to the right of the URL. That should do it!

Owen

Owen Evans
Yavapai-ApacheNation
Deactivated User

It works! Thanks Owen.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos