3D Capability of StoryMap

09-13-2018 03:14 AM
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

I will like to tell a story in 3D visualization using storymaps webapp Are there any possibilities to make a 3d visualization map  either by customization or other ways in storymap app? If that is possible how and please which API. It is strictly animated and interactive 3D visualization.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- Yes! You can use 3D web scenes in your story maps. Here's an article that describes how to do this in different story map builders: Using 3D web scenes in Story Maps 

And here are some examples of story maps that feature 3D:

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Thanks for the swift reply. I actually want to use 3D city model in storymap with good animated visualisation like this Helsinki - Solar Energy Potential - CityGML 3D City Model - YouTube  to tell story. Thanks

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi -- Do you have your 3D data published to the web yet? If not, you should start over in the 3D Cities / Campuses‌ or 3D Mapping‌ places to learn how to create models and publish them to the web using ArcGIS Pro, CityEngine, and ArcGIS Online. Once you have your 3D scenes created then you can add them to your story map as described in the blog article I linked to above.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Thanks once again. I know to make 3D and also publish it but i want to do more than just making web app, so we are looking at the possibility of doing what i have not done before by use the story map to visualize the 3D and also communicating the story easily and clearly to non-professional view.

0 Kudos