Want navigation units to stay in feet

12-26-2013 11:16 AM
JohnCarlson1
New Contributor
I am using ArcPad 8. After countless hours searching the internet and filing through every ArcPad menu I can think of I am unable to find a resolution.

While navigating to a point I want the distance units on the GPS Data screen to remain in feet. For some reason it changes from feet to miles at about 1'056 feet. If I want to use this for basic property line location it is critical that I see my distance from a point in feet. For example I need to know when I am 91 degrees and 1,325 ft from a point. When my units switch to tenths of a mile it is impossible for me to know this.

A easy fix would be to allow the user to change the distance units by tapping on "DST" or distance reading on the GPS Data screen. ArcPad will let you edit altitude units but not distance.

Is there a way to keep distance units in feet? Is ArcPad 10 the same way?

If there is no solution unfortunately I can't use ArcPad for navigation and have to try other software options such as TerraSync.

John
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoliMunkers
New Contributor

John, have you had any luck with this?  I work at a power utility, and our Staking Engineers are running into the same thing.   We are using ArcPad 10.2 and I have not found any solution yet either.

0 Kudos